Jewelry CAD Specialist
We are seeking an experienced Jewelry CAD Specialist to work with our amazing clients on bringing their jewelry ideas from concept to creation.
The Jewelry CAD Specialist is a master of the 3D modeling world and loves what they create digitally! They are experienced in multiple 3D modeling programs in the manufacturing process, such as, but not limited to: Rhino, RhinoGold, Matrix and Zbrush. The Jewelry CAD Specialist has a strong sense of comprehension in the application of 3D modeling for jewelry and the industry's production processes. A familiarity and investment in production using CAD/CAM+ technology is highly encouraged.
As a Jewelry CAD Specialist, you'll need to take responsibility for the following:
- Understanding the uses of the various CAD/CAM equipment/software, etc.
- Utilizing CAD/CAM+ technology to develop and print required products and/or jewelry parts
- Facilitate jewelry design consultations with clients and collect any and all required information for CAD/CAM
- Create 3D presentation and production fine jewelry CAD models
- Create 2D technical art and digital renderings as required
- Partner with team and management to ensure CADs reflect aesthetic, weight and manufacturing best-practice requirements
- Agree on schedules with Project Coordinator based on overall project timeline and ensure on-time delivery
- Print 3D prototypes
- Assist in maintaining rapid prototype machines and making build plates
- Assist in cleaning and checking waxes
- Multi-tasking, prioritizing duties, and completing tasks in a timely manner
- Being able to integrate working independently and as a part of a team
- Adhering to all safety-related procedures to reduce the risk of accidents
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized
- Must be proactive self-starter
- Ability to multi-task & work in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving ability
- Must be a team player
- Conducts self in a professional manner
- 2+ years of fine-jewelry CAD engineering experience
- Proficient in Rhino and Matrix.
- Adobe Creative Suite and T-Splines software a plus
- Must be able to create water tight CAD’s
- Knowledge of 3-D prototyping and equipment (preferred SLA Printer experience, Matrix, RhinoGold)
Job Type: Full-Time/Part-Time/Contracted
Starting Pay: $15/hour
Job Location: Detroit, MI
All Applicants must be in the Metro Detroit area to qualify. We are not accepting any out of state/country applicants.
Please send CV/Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org