We are seeking Bench Jewelers to enhance the Experience of our growing Tribe!
The Bench Jeweler is a master of fine craftsmanship and loves what they create with their hands! They are experienced in multiple techniques in the manufacturing process, such as, but not limited to: wax carving, mold making, vacuum-assisted lost wax casting, and stone-setting. The Bench Jeweler has a strong sense of comprehension in the use of precious and semi-precious stones used in these production processes. A familiarity and investment in production using CAD/CAM+ technology is highly encouraged.
As a Bench Jeweler, you'll need to take responsibility for the following:
- Understanding the uses of the various manufacturing equipment, i.e. waxes, carving tools, etc.
- Cutting precious metals into jewelry pieces using cutting and carving tools
- Shaping and styling jewelry, following designs or instructions, using hand tools and machines
- Shaping the prescribed waxes for jewelry preparation using the appropriate carving tools
- Using raw materials to create molds in order to duplicate models
- Using vacuums in order to create casts; having comprehension of the technology behind it
- Repairing jewelry by soldering or replacing broken parts
- Cleaning and polishing jewelry while maintaining quick turn-around times
- Sizing products made from using different metals
- Selecting appropriate stones for embedding process
- Ordering and maintaining jewelry supplies necessary in manufacturing facility
- Utilizing CAD/CAM+ technology to develop and print required products
- Multi-tasking, prioritizing duties, and completing tasks in a timely manner
- Being able to integrate working independently and as a part of a team
- Adhering to all safety-related procedures to reduce the risk of accidents
Job Type: Full-Time/Part-Time/Contracted
Job Location: Detroit, MI